Most of us love foot massages and I know I personally can’t get enough of them. So I thought I’d help those of you out, who want to help others out, by enlightening you on proper technique for how to give a foot massage. Firts, the giver sits at the feet of the face up reclining receiver. For best results, have the giver site below the receiver’s feet…
- Apply a cream to both feet, then focus on one foot at a time.
- Wrap your hands around the foot, squeeze and slide from the pad to the back of the heel.
- Stabilize the ankle and rotate the foot.
- Now, massage around the ankle in continuous circles.
- Criss0cross or circle your thumbs up and down the sole of the foot.
- Gently squeeze, then pull each tow. ( This is important because a LOT of reflexology points are located in your toes).
- Lightly stroke between the bones on the top of the foot (but do NOT press diecrtly on the bones!)
- Next, slide your fistdown the sole of the foot while the other hand is supporting the top of the foot.
- Lightly stoke the foot from the ankle to the toes.
- Now repeat on the other foot!
Remember, your feet can be super sensitive, whether it’s because you’re ticklish or are prone to certain pressure points. Just remember to be carful when applying pressure. make sure to use firm pressure and slow movements to test out those sensitive spots and avoid tickling. Another side note is to make sure that your receiver is laying lower than their feet, if possible. If your fingers get tired, feel free to use your fist! Ball up your hands into a fist and that will help apply more pressure to a larger space. other than that, sit back, relax and enjoy! Don’t forget to switch positiions though!